Tuesday 11 June 2013

My dining/knitting room

I have been in this house almost 2 years now and I am in the process of redecorating.  The first room I did was my dining room where I keep my stash (well, not including the hidden bits!) and all my knitting-related paraphernalia.  I adore colour so I have kept the decor mainly white so that the colour can come from my 'stuff'.




The light wasn't amazing and still waiting for my own camera.  I really love looking at my shelves and browsing through books and yarns.  I'm not sure when I will be able to bring myself to use any of the skeins as I miss them when they're gone.  I started using a skein of Rowan colourscape chunky this week.  Whilst I miss it from the shelf, it is turning itself into a lovely throw.  Is this an unnatural attachment to my stash?  I know I buy the yarn to use one day but I also like the look of it on my shelves, like having my very own shop to browse in, touch the yarns and admire the colours.



There is a distinct lack of blues so I need to bear this in mind when I next allow myself another purchase.  But am I buying yarn to make something or to look good on my shelf?!


No comments: