Saturday 25 August 2007

My knitting

Thought I should give a bit of background about my knitting. I learnt to knit when I was very small (about 6 or 7?). My Mum and Nan taught me. One of the first things I remember knitting was a scarf and matching leg warmers for a teddy! I also made a blue pencil case at school. I stopped knitting in my teens and then picked up the needles again in my twenties. In the last five years or so I have knitted more regularly and in the last year I have become a 'serious' knitter!

I mostly knit toys and novelty items but more recently have become more interested in bags, cushions and accessories. I supply a shop in Leicester with knitted food and cakes on a casual basis and have really enjoyed this.

I currently have a million projects on the go - well, it feels like it sometimes! I am really bad at finishing something before moving on to the next thing. I have a list of things to knit for Christmas presents but really don't know if I'll have the time to do them all. Also have a bag to finish for a wedding I'm going to next week - just need to line it and sew it up so hopefully I'll be able to get that done.

Keep trying to upload photos but not doing very well :(

Aha - managed it at last. This is the front and back of a cushion I knitted for a friend. I used Rowan big wool and biggy print and was really happy with the way it turned out.

No comments: