Wednesday 10 September 2008

Disappointing!

As I mentioned last time, I was a little disappointed that not everyone likes my patterns! I entered two of my knitted creations in a local flower show. It was just for a bit of fun but unfortunately I didn't even get 3rd prize - boo hoo :(

My bag (re-lined as the first lining was awful) was in a category for any article that was sewn, knitted or crocheted. The item that won was a small teddy bear in some sort of little pocket. I didn't look too closely so didn't quite see what it was. A Jean Greenhowe clown came 2nd and I can't remember what came 3rd. I think there were only 6 entries altogether. There were 2 other teddy bears (not knitted). I think one of them came 3rd and there was also a blue fluffy thing. It may have been a scarf or a bag. I couldn't see and you were not allowed to touch the items. So my poor old bag sat there amongst the other items looking very lonely!



I also decided to enter a knitted brooch at the last minute. I had knitted some of this ages ago and decided to add the bottom layer and turn it into a brooch for the competition. This was in a class for a brooch made from any medium. I think there were only 3 or 4 entries. The brooches that won looked very intricate and well made but I'm not sure what they were made out of. I think one of them was heart-shaped but that's all I can remember.


Anyway, it was quite exciting entering a competition for the first time and I think I will have another go next year. My next event is a local craft show. I am hoping to exhibit some felted items and see what sort of response I get. Hopefully a little better than the flower show!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi! I am a new knitter and found your site lookingat your fabulous tea cozy - then decided to browse some more! Saw your post about competitions and wondered if you've heard of http://www.berroco.com/ they have a weekly newsletter and do original pattern competitions from time to time - cheers - sarah